Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Key Lime Yogurt treat

Short post today. I decided to finally try to make some Key Lime Yogurt.  After a little bit of taste testing, (and getting an approval from my Key Lime loving son). Here is my recipe. Feel free to adjust it to your taste.

Take 2 cups of Greek style yogurt,
I used some home made yogurt using New England Cheese Making Supply Co. Y5 sweet yogurt cultured for 7 hours at 113-113 F.

Mix in two(2) TBs of honey of your choice.
I used some local wildflower honey.

Then mix in three(3) TBs of Key Lime juice.
Fresh is best if you are lucky enough to find some. Sometimes you can find the bottled key lime juice at a local grocery store. Amazon.com offers several choices for purchasing key lime juice starting at $9 per 16oz bottle. You could use lime juice but it doesn't have the same twang as real key lime.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have
The Cheesy Geek

No comments:

Post a Comment